To use this site you must be a registered member of the Flow Cytometry Faculty.
Your login ID for BML is the email address you submitted for account registration. Your password will be assigned.
Scheduling Unassisted Appointments
Adding Appointments to the schedule:
- Go the Calendar drop down to view today’s appointment schedule. The DAY VIEW Box at the top of the schedule will have a red box around it.
- To add a new booking, click on the schedule for the correct instrument and drag to the right for the length of time you wish to reserve.
- Move your mouse to the small black box that appears over your request and click the BOOK button.
- Fill all fields in with as much detail as possible and click the “SAVE” button at the bottom of the “Add new record” dialogue window.
- Go to your reservation and click “EDIT”
- There is a “Cancel” button at the bottom right side of the window.
- OR, Go the “Schedules” drop down menu and view the list of appointments you have made and cancel the appointment here.
Scheduling and Cancellation rules:
- Prime Time Hours are represented by the grey bars in the middle of the calendar. You may not book more than 6 PTH per appointment (this leaves time during the day for other users to access the instruments if required).
- You have up until 1 day before an appointment to cancel your appointment with no penalties.
- Cancelling an appointment with less than 6 hours’ notice the appointment will result in full charges for the unused time on your supervisor’s account.
- If an appointment is missed, the session will be charged in full.
- If instruments are found to be left on overnight a $150.00 penalty fee will be applied to your account.
- Cancellations will no longer be managed through the Operators and all must be completed through the BML software system.
Editing Appointments (analyzers):
- Appointments deleted within 6 hours of initial start time will be charged without exception
If adjustments to timing or instruments are necessary, EDIT the appointment to move the appointment to a new time or instrument.
Requesting Appointments with Operators – Assisted-Acquisition
Data Analysis, Consultations and Training Requests:
- Requested by email only
- Operator schedules are locked and are not bookable by users.
Sorting and Assisted Acquisition:
- Book the instrument on which you would like work done (example: Sorter – Aria IIu).
- You must choose a service, i.e. “Assisted – sorting” or “Assisted-Acquisition”.
- Select an operator (Joanna or Dionne) then fill in as many details about your appointment as necessary.
- Please indicate the biosafety levels of the samples you would like sorted so Operators can take the necessary personal protective measures.
- Save the booking and your name will appear on both the operator’s and instrument schedule (accounts are charged only for the operator’s schedule).
- Sorting appointments do not begin before 10 am for the FACS Aria or 11 am for the Influx.
- Acquisition/analysis appointments do not start before 9:30 am.
- All appointments (sorting/acquisition) must be finished before 5pm.
- If requesting an appointment with less than 24 hours’ notice, please notify the operator by email as we are not directly updated re-schedule changes.
Cancelling Operator Assisted Appointments:
- Cancel the appointment on the instrument schedule; the corresponding appointment on the Operator’s schedule will also disappear.
- Appointments with the operator should be cancelled with 48 hours’ (or more) notice to avoid fees for the unused time.
- Appointments that are cancelled with 24 (or less) hours’ notice will be charged in full.
- Please let the operator know, by email, that you have cancelled your appointment, especially if cancelling with short notice.