Cost $540/person: For internal clients and those affiliated local research institutes/hospitals.
Cost includes the following:
Note: Trainees who fail to complete their follow-up sessions within 6 months of their first session, must pay for a refresher session to review the instrument software prior to continuing with their follow-up sessions. The rate charged for the refresher session is $85/hour.
Preparing for your first session:
- It is expected that new trainees have good knowledge of their experimental goals and other laboratory techniques prior to their first visit with us.
- In preparation for instrument training a good foundation in flow cytometry principles can be found on the ThermoFisher website, please review this resource prior to your initial training session.
Things to consider before training is requested:
- Training is only available to students and employees of the University of Toronto and it’s affiliated research institutes (within the University Health Network).
- Training will only be provided for those investigators who become regular user of our facility. i.e. if you intend to acquire your data at another facility please seek instruction at that location.
- Due to the busy nature of the lab there is usually a 2-week wait time between a request for training and the first session.
- Training should only begin when you are almost ready to run samples on a regular basis (3 – 4 weeks).
- Software training is quite intensive and it will take repeated solo practice sessions to become proficient.
- A large gap between initial training and follow-up sessions is not recommended.
- Training is only provided for the analyzers.
- It will take approximately 10-12 hours to solidify the concepts learned during the course. After this, trainees are expected to practice on their own and request additional training time if necessary.
- If after the completion of both follow-up sessions our instructors feel that more training is required, additional sessions will be charged at the hourly operator rate of $85/hour.
Please download our registration forms to become a facility member and start the training process.